Monday, July 14, 2008

Getting Started

I finally going to give this a shot. I've been hesitating starting on this mainly because I haven't had any big news lately. I'll give you a quick run down of what has happened. First off, our church has started an Adopt A Block outreach to our surrounding area. It started in June, our first official kick off of this grand event was on Fathers Day. I was not sure about doing this because it was really something outside my comfort zone. However, the Lord has different plans for our lives whether we like it or not! Wouldn't you know I went from being very uneasy with this whole thing to being a block leader. That's how our amazing God works, you humble yourself to him and He put you in charge of great things!

Second, we through a HUGE 4th of July celebration at church. There had to have been close to two thousand people on our campus that night. The people who came were blown away by what we were doing, with no charge for the food, drinks, and other activities that we had. We had someone from as far away as Wisconsin there, they thanked us for all we were doing. By the way I got to do grill duty that night, I went home smelling like a hot dog and burger combined.

And last but not least, we only have a few more weeks left for our Adopt A Block outreach, it will however be ending in another HUGE party at the end of August. All of our blocks are invited to come to this, mostly because it is for them. I couldn't imagine now missing any of this, because with us being Christians this is what God wants us to be doing! One thing I have learned, it is a whole lot easier sharing about God when you put fear behind you and go out in the boldness of the Holy Spirit.

I hope this came out ok, I haven't attempted a blog before. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'll try to get these out a little more often.

1 comment:

Julz said...

I am glad that you started a blog. I wanted to say that I am very proud of you for taking that step of faith to join Adopt-A-Block. You stepped up to the plate and have become a strong leader for your group. I know how seriously you take your responsibilities and I think you've been a great example for your team members. Way to go and keep up the good work!!

Love you lots!!!!