Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wylie Police Tryouts.

Well, this past Saturday I went over to our local police department to try out for their patrol officer opening. The good news is that I finished everything, but I did not qualify in the running portion of the test. There were three areas they tested us in. The first was sit ups, second was crunches and third (my most hated) was running. I was required for the minimum amount of push ups in one minute to pass for my age group were (27)push ups. I was able to do (38), which put me in the "good" bracket that ranged from 30 to 38 push ups. The next part of the test came the sit ups which turned out to be crunches, again passing minimum required was (36) I cranked out (87) of those bad boys in one minute! And the last that ended my tryouts was the 1.5 mile run that the minimum required time was to pass was 12 minutes and 51 seconds, it took me 17 minutes to do it.

I'm not disappointed, but encouraged to get that time down to were it needs to be. The good news is that I can re-test again in three or four months. Next time I will be ready!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Mike,

Great job on the sit ups and crunches. I know that you can get your running time down! We both think it is great that you are going for this.

Love,
Aaron and Lori